Review: The Cows by Dawn O'Porter

The Cows: The Hottest New Release for 2017 - Dawn O'Porter

Published by: HarperCollins (6 April 2017)

ISBN: 978-0008126032

Source: NetGalley

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

Women don’t have to fall into a stereotype.

Tara, Cam and Stella are strangers living their own lives as best they can – though when society’s screaming you should live life one way, it can be hard to like what you see in the mirror.

When an extraordinary event ties invisible bonds of friendship between them, one woman’s catastrophe becomes another’s inspiration, and a life lesson to all.

Sometimes it’s ok not to follow the herd.

Review:

Wow! I hardly know where to start! The Cows is a funny, insightful book about female relationships that I just couldn't put down. I ended up reading it in practically one sitting, it's  such a page-turner. I adored the main characters, especially Tara and Cam. They are very well written and both characters are incredibly complex. I wasn't so keen on Stella, but I don't feel I could identify with her very well so I found it difficult to appreciate where she was coming from. The supporting characters deserve a mention too as they played their part well; the author's descriptive writing style bringing them to life right off the page.

As far as the actual story goes, it made me feel happy, sad, and confused, a whole bucketload of emotions. I gasped out loud in shock, shouted at my kindle, laughed out loud, and cringed in places. It definitely doesn't hold back! Fantastic!

I'd like to thank Dawn O'Porter, HarperCollins and NetGalley for providing an ARC in return for my honest review.