Published by: Sourcebooks (5th April 2016)
You can have the simplest, tastiest vegan recipes on a budget — and the best part is, the most complicated kitchenware you'll ever need is a microwave. Including more than 250 recipes, we've got all the best insider info:
- Vegan alternatives to meat, eggs, and milk
- How to stock your kitchen/mini-fridge
- How to make meat-free sandwiches, salads, soups, and sauces
- Fun meal recipes, such as Fettuccine Alessandro, Walking Tacos, and Pancake in a Mug
- The best drinks, dips, and dressings
- Unbelievable vegan dessert recipes
- Spotlight sections on the staples we love: peanut butter, potatoes and Ramen
- And much, much more!
With new tips and treats to suit even the pickiest palate, this is the essential college cookbook for every vegetarian or vegan on a budget.
This cookbook has a really uncomplicated layout and is easy on the eye. It covers everything from buying produce and stocking your kitchen cupboards and fridge, to recipes for main meals, such as vegan chilli, quick and simple snacks like sandwiches and also easy treats and desserts. The recipes are easy to follow, with easy to source ingredients and simple step-by-step instructions.
This book would be ideal for someone starting college, who doesn't have much in the way of cooking skills, as all the recipes can be cooked in the microwave. There are a great many 'fake' meat products such as vegan sausage, vegan bacon bits, vegan chicken patties, which could be construed as rather lazy ingredients, but they are convenient, packed full of protein and reasonably pried. This is a book aimed at the student market, after all, and convenience is the name of the game.