My turn on the blog tour for The Silent Twin by Caroline Mitchell

The Silent Twin: A dark, gripping detective thriller (Detective Jennifer Knight Crime Thriller Series Book 3) - Caroline Mitchell

Caroline's outstanding 3rd novel sees Detective Jennifer Knight face her toughest case yet.

Publisher: Bookouture (14 April 2016)

ASIN: B01BLU0U6G

Source: Publisher provided review copy

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

Nine-year-old twins Abigail and Olivia vow never to be parted. But when Abigail goes missing from Blackwater Farm, DC Jennifer Knight must find her before it’s too late.

Twin sister Olivia has been mute since Abigail’s disappearance. But when she whispers in Jennifer’s ear, Jennifer realises it is Abigail’s voice pleading to be found.

A damp and decaying house set in acres of desolate scrubland, the farm is a place of secrets, old and new – and Jennifer must unravel them all in order to find the lost girl. But could Olivia’s bond with her twin hold the key to finding Abigail? And can Jennifer break through her silence in time to save her sister’s life?

Review:

Woah! What the hell just happened?! I'm struggling to pick my jaw up off the floor as I try to get my head around the brilliant and unforseen conclusion of Caroline Mitchell's latest crime/paranormal thriller to feature DC Jennifer Knight. Each time I think I can no longer be surprised or shocked at just how outstanding a book can be, one like this comes along and reminds me why reading is my favourite pastime.

With a fantastic cast of believable characters and a brilliant plot with more twists and turns than a huge plate of spaghetti, I made myself read every single word rather than recklessly race towards the finale, as is my wont. The attention to detail is painstaking and the story is compelling. I would dearly love to see Jennifer Knight brought to life in a film or tv series, so that more people could enjoy Caroline's talent.

Each successive novel that Caroline writes somehow manages to top its predecessor. If I could give this more than 5/5 I would!

Thanks to Bookouture and NetGalley for the review copy, it's much appreciated.