Review: That Night by Chevy Stevens

That Night - Chevy Stevens
Published on 17th June 2014 by St. Martin's Press.

I was so excited to have the opportunity to review this novel as I've thoroughly enjoyed Chevy Stevens' previously published books. Thanks to St. Martin's Press for the review copy I received via netgalley in return for an honest review.

This novel is told in narrative form, flitting between the present day and sixteen years ago. Main character Toni tells the story of events leading up to that fateful night that irrevocably changed the lives of everyone directly or indirectly involved. Lives are ruined, relationships shattered and nothing will ever be the same again.

From the very first page, I was hooked. The author has a compelling writing style with brilliant use of descriptive vocabulary, which completely captured me. Everything going on in my surroundings seemed to fade away, and I was powerless to stop reading until the very end. I managed to read this novel in one sitting, briefly interrupted with a few hours of sleep when I could no longer keep my eyes open. I could not devour this utterly compelling tale fast enough, and the unforeseen ending had me shouting at my kindle in disbelief.

This is, without doubt, one of the best books I have ever read. I loved Stevens' first novel, Still Missing, so much, that I was slightly concerned that this one could not possibly impress me so. I'm so thrilled to say that my fears turned out to be totally unfounded. Each new novel penned by this author manages somehow to surpass it's predecessor.

I'd recommend this novel to anyone who enjoys a fast-paced and thrilling read with a spellbinding premise and more twists and turns than the latest  rollercoaster. A cracking read that deserves more than 5/5!