Some Review Promises

Reblogged from Jessica (HDB):

Hello awesome followers, both new and veteran! I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for giving me a follow. Every now and then I do a post where I spout random facts about myself, or write something witty.

This time I thought I'd do something a little bit different, and give you some insight into how I review. These are three rules that I always follow when trying to make my emotions fold themselves into a coherent review, and I wanted to share them with you.

***

1. I'll always be honest.

Whether I loved a book, loathed a book, or wasn't able to finish it for some reason, you'll know. I'm always honest about the way that I feel. I'm not the type to give a good review just because a book is for a tour, or because I know the author. I try to be as constructive as possible, but you'll know when a book wasn't for me.

2. So yes, I'll always tell you exactly why I felt that way about a book.

I'm very transparent about explaining why I did or didn't enjoy a book I've read. I'll tell you if I loved the characters, but couldn't stand the world building. Or if the love triangle in the book made me crazed with anger. I want to make sure you know why I, personally, did or didn't enjoy a book, so you can make an informed decision on whether it is for you.

3. Which means, I won't ever tell you NOT to read a book.

My opinion is just that, my opinion. Just because I didn't enjoy a book I've read, doesn't mean that I don't think that you would. It's why I try so hard to make sure and express exactly  how I feel. Maybe I'm a character driven reader, and you're not. Maybe you love romance, and I get tired of it. Either way, don't take my low starred reviews as my opinion that you shouldn't dive head first into a book that you've been dying to read. You might love it! I wouldn't want to take that away from you.

***

Thanks again for being a follower, and I can't wait to chat with all of you! I welcome both conversation, and book recommendations. Here's to being bookworms.