The Ice Marathon

The Ice Marathon - Rosen Trevithick From the outset, main character Emma was endearing, and the supporting characters well written and interesting. The dinner party really showed everyone's personality well, so I felt as if I got to know all the characters much better. The ensuing scene in the kitchen was laugh-out-loud funny and cringe-worthy all at the same time, not to mention the aftermath and then Emma and Simon's reunion.
I did not have a clue that the pregnancy was coming, so that was a real shock to me, but the whole duration of it was written with sensitivity as well as humour. The description of Emma's bipolar disorder, and how going without her medication, was described so well, in addition to her experiences as a mum of a very new baby such as the lack of sleep.
I was rooting for Emma and Simon from the start, but little did I anticipate the huge twist in the story that has Emma questioning even best friend Nicky's loyalty.
A great shorter read. This was my first experience of reading Rosen Trevithick, and I'll be looking out for more of her work.