Review: Westward to Strange by Ray Litt

Westward to Strange - Ray Litt

I'd like to thank the author and publisher for sending me a copy of this book to read and review.
This book definitely held my interest, and I read it over 3 sittings. On the positive side, the characters were well written and likeable and the basic plot interesting and exciting.
Unfortunately some things let this book down. The timeline jumps around all over the place which was really confusing, and at times the writing does not flow well. This reads like a self-published book, and certainly looks like one. The cover picture is unclear - I get that it is meant to be blurry and mysterious, but a decent graphic designer would have achieved that plus a clear and focused font. This attention to detail could have made this book look much more professional and appealing. The use of a proofreading and copy-editing services would have also been helpful.

I do think that this story has the potential to be a much better book with a bit of tweaking. The plot is unusual and very dark, and I could imagine this as a good film.
I really wanted to enjoy this book more, but feel that it could have been a 4.5 star book with a little more attention to detail.
I'd be interested in reading more of Ray's work as she clearly has great imagination and creativity.