Review: Otherkind by Mia Romero

Otherkind  (Otherkind Series) - Mia Romero

This has every ingredient for the perfect book recipe - some paranormal activity, a touch of intrigue, a pinch of romance and enough strange beings to put Supernatural to shame!

The characters are well written and endearing. Our heroine, journalist Romy, is somewhat reluctantly thrown in at the deep end and quite literally attacked from all sides when she stumbles upon a story that puts the lives of her and her dearest friends, not to mention her new-found family in imminent danger. Colleague Adam tags along to investigate the story, providing Romy with a bit of respite in the form of eye candy! But is Adam more involved than he initially appears?

I won't give anything away, but suffice to say that this book kept me guessing till the very end. I literally could not put it down and read it in 2 sittings, only broken by some much-needed sleep. The story builds deliciously with each chapter a pleasure to read.

One of the many things I love about this book is how well it has been written. It's one of only a handful of the 100 I've read over the past year that have not let themselves down with poor vocabulary and grammar. This attention to detail sets this novel apart from its peers, and I cannot wait for the second Otherkind instalment.

In a word - brilliant