Review: Tattletale by Sarah J. Naughton

Tattletale - Sarah J. Naughton

Published by: Trapeze (23rd March 2017)

ISBN: 978-1409170228

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 4.5*

Synopsis:

One day changes Jody's life forever. She has shut herself down, haunted by her memories and unable to trust anyone. But then she meets Abe, the perfect stranger next door and suddenly life seems full of possibility and hope.

One day changes Mags's life forever. After years of estrangement from her family, Mags receives a shocking phone call. Her brother Abe is in hospital and no-one knows what happened to him. She meets his fiancé Jody, and gradually pieces together the ruins of the life she left behind. But the pieces don't quite seem to fit...

Review:

Tattletale is one of those books I've been meaning to read for ages but for some reason I just overlooked. I've promised myself that this year I will read as many books as I can that have been on my TBR for a long while for one reason or another.

I was so impressed by this novel that I looked the author up on goodreads as soon as I  finished reading to see how many books she'd written before this one. I was so impressed when I discovered this was her debut. It's intelligently written with such an eye for detail. The author has a real knack for holding the reader's interest and taking them on a journey.

The two central characters here are wonderfully complex, full of personality, flaws, anguish and all that that entails. The plot weaves around them beautifully, and just when you think you know what is going to happen, Sarah J. Naughton throws a curve ball you really weren't expecting! There are twists on top of twists! Brilliant stuff!