Review: Easy. Whole. Vegan. by Melissa King

Published by: The Experiment (13th January 2017)

ISBN: 978-1615193097

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 4*

Description:

Vegan, whole food recipes that will help families ditch processed meals by taking the hassle out of cooking!

Cooking with fresh ingredients takes a lot of work, doesn't it? Not if you ask Melissa King! In Easy. Whole. Vegan., she shows how to break free of ready-made, processed foods without spending hours in the kitchen (and it isn't with takeout)!

Organized by how they will help busy families save time (and tame the chaos), here are 100 vegan and gluten-free recipes that make the most out of healthy, whole ingredients:
Quick-to-prepare recipes such as 30-Minute Sweet and Spicy Warm Pepper Salad. Slow cooker meals that are ready when you are! (Apple Cinnamon Quinoa, Veggie Enchilada Soup) Make-it-ahead wonders that keep in the fridge, like Lentil Shepherd's Pie. And crowd pleasers that cook up in long-lasting batches, from snacks (Sundried Tomato Crackers) to desserts (Three-Ingredient, No-Bake Almond Butter Cookies)!
Easy. Whole. Vegan. will help feed any family more fresh food—fast!

Review:
Easy. Whole. Vegan. starts with an introduction about the author's family detailing why she pursued a whole plant food, gluten-free approach to eating for her whole family. I hadn't heard of Melissa prior to looking at this book, so had no idea of the journey she had been on with her children. It makes tough reading.

Melissa talks about stocking your kitchen, like many other similar books do. I would err on the side of caution here and suggest that for most people, unless you're sure you're going to be using them regularly (and have tons of room in which for storage) don't go out and buy things like dehydrators!

Onto the recipes, which are divine! As a vegan that doesn't eat gluten or add sugar to anything, this book could have been made for me. I absolutely loved most everything that I tried. There are more than a handful that I'll be using regularly and I was already an advocate of the batch cooking of grains to keep handy in the fridge.

I received an advanced egalley from The Experiment via Netgalley.