Review: The One Peaceful World Cookbook by Alex Jack & Sachi Kato

The One Peaceful World Cookbook: Over 150 Vegan, Macrobiotic Recipes for Vibrant Health and Happiness - Sachi Kato, Alex Jack

Published by: BebBella Books (14th September 2017)

ISBN: 978-1944648244

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 4*

Details:

Marrying traditional wisdom and modern scientific and medical research, a vegan macrobiotic approach recognizes the profound effects food, environment, activities, and attitude can have on your physical and emotional health. Drawing upon traditional and contemporary cuisines from around the globe, The One Peaceful World Cookbook: Over 150 Vegan, Macrobiotic Recipes for Vibrant Health and Happiness shows you how to prepare delicious, satisfying meals that nourish your body and mind.

Based on the authors’ decades-long experience as teachers, dietary counselors, and chefs, on scientific and medical studies documenting the health benefits of a vegan macrobiotic way of eating, and on other cutting-edge research on health, vitality, and fitness, this book features 150-plus easy-to-follow recipes, including:

• Roasted Beet Salad with Orange Mustard Dressing
  • Vegetable Paella
  • Tofu Lasagna with Carrot Marinara Sauce
  • Pad Thai with Tempeh
  • Mochi Waffles with Lemon Syrup
  • Tiramisu with Cashew Cream

These gourmet recipes, both savory and sweet, are designed for an on-the-go lifestyle and will both nourish and delight you. The One Peaceful World Cookbook empowers you with the tools and recipes you need on your path to optimal health and well-being.

Review:

In addition to offering over 150 delicious recipes, The One Peaceful World Cookbook explains macrobiotics in a clear and simple way that even made sense to me! There is also a comprehensive list of ingredients at the beginning. Although I've been following a vegan diet for 2 years, some of these were unfamiliar to me, so it was really helpful to find out what exactly kombu was, for example.

A lot of the recipes use some of the same ingredients, so it's good to know that your bottle/packet of x/y/z that you have sourced won't be used once and then go out of date lingering in the back of the cupboard/fridge.

Many of the recipes I think will become staples in my house as they are quick and cheap to make and based on grains with a few extras.

The recipes are explained clearly and concisely and the pictures are realistic.