Review: Summer at Buttercup Beach by Holly Martin

Summer at Buttercup Beach: A gorgeously uplifting and heartwarming romance - Holly Martin

Published by: Bookouture (27th June 2017

ISBN: 978-1786812018

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

For two years Freya Greene has hidden the fact that she’s totally and utterly in love with her best friend Rome Lancaster. It’s not been easy – they work together in his glasswork business, she lives above his workshop and, he’s completely gorgeous. But Rome has never shown any sign of returning those feelings. Until now…

Lately they’ve shared affectionate touches and words heavy with meaning. Yet Freya knows Rome has a damaged heart. After losing his fiancé in a tragic accident, he’s not allowed himself to fall in love.

Freya has already had her heart broken by a man who couldn’t let go of a past love. Can she risk it happening again? Rome and Freya have a friendship that could blossom into something more. Are they both brave enough to take that chance?

Review:

I needed a touch of summer sunshine to break through the miserable rainy weather and cloud that had stolen my reading mojo - and Holly Martin seems to have provided the perfect prescription in Summer at Buttercup Beach!

The two main characters create gorgeous works of art together and have been friends for a long time. The ideal couple who just haven't got together - Freya is someone who I'd want to be friends with. She's the sort of person you could talk to about anything without fear of being judged. Rome would be your ideal best friend and boyfriend combined...kinda like my hubby if I'm honest! I was just itching for them to stop pussyfooting around and get together!

The setting of Buttercup Beach is gorgeous. The descriptions are lovely, makes you fall in love with the place and the people. I want to go and live on Hope Island right now! It's so beautifully written, it really was a dream to read and I just couldn't put it down, I started reading it at midnight and read it all through the night!

I feel I've really missed out as I've not read enough of Holly's books...I will be rectifying that straight away! This is such a feel good warm read, I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a comforting, uplifting read that will transport them to another place.