Review: The Cold Hard Truth by Amanda Leigh Cowley

The Cold Hard Truth - Amanda Leigh Cowley

Self-published (27 February 2017)

ISBN: 978-1520380247

ASIN: B01NAKA7FG

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

Nothing could prepare Emily for what she witnessed that day. With no money to support herself and suffering from panic attacks, she reluctantly moves in with her estranged mother and half-sister overseas. But as fractured relationships start to heal and a new one threatens to blossom, she uncovers a disturbing secret. When the truth hurts this much, would you prefer not to know?

Review:

I'd previously read and reviewed the author's Soul Protector The Betrayal, which I'd really enjoyed, so I couldn't wait to get stuck into this. I did have a slight worry of 'what if it isn't as good as...' which only happens when I've absolutely loved an author's previous books and I'm worried that I'll be disappointed! In this case, however, I needn't have worried at all!

The Cold Hard Truth is an utterly compelling mystery full of engaging characters and packed to the brim with intrigue. I picked it up first thing in the morning, intending to read just a few chapters, but found myself unable to put it down; I was just finishing the last chapter as i went to bed that night! Amanda Leigh Cowley has a beautifully evocative style of writing that grabs your attention from the very outset.

Full of twists and turns, including an almighty, unforseen shocker at the end, The Cold Hard Truth has all my favourite elements. I'd recommend it to readers of crime, mystery, romance, women's fiction. In fact, anyone who reads!

I'd like to thank Amanda Leigh Cowley for providing an ARC in return for my honest review.