Review: The Christmas Party by Carole Matthews

The Christmas Party - Carole Matthews

Published by: Sphere (23 October 2014)

ISBN: 978-0751552164

Rating: 4*

Synopsis:

Louise Young is a devoted single mother whose only priority is providing for her daughter, Mia. Louise has a good job in a huge international corporation and she's grateful for it. The only problem is her boss who can't keep his hands to himself, but Louise can handle him. What she really doesn't have time for is romance - until she meets the company's rising star, Josh Wallace.

Louise usually says no to evenings out but she's decided to let her hair down tonight. It's the office Christmas party, she has a pretty dress to wear and she's looking forward to some champagne and fun. She's completely unaware that others around her are too busy playing dangerous games to enjoy the party - until she's pulled into those games herself . . .

Review:

I spotted this book in a charity shop and thought it looked a fun festive read. My mum was in hospital just before Xmas, so I took it in to cheer her up and give her something to do. By the time she came home 3 days later, not only had she read it, but the lady in the next bed had read it too!

Louise is a well written, believable character who I warmed to straight away. She seems like the kind of girl I'd probably be friends with, or at least say hello to at work. Some of the supporting characters are just great. The author has a way of writing that makes them come to life in your imagination and leap from the page. The description is fantastic! Not as predictable as I'd first thought and definitely more entertaining!

This is a laugh out loud riotous romp of a festive frolic! Just when I thought things couldn't get any funnier, more hilarity ensues. Brilliant!