Review: The Woman who Lost her Mojo by Carol E. Wyer

The Woman Who Lost Her Mojo: An uplifting feel good novel about new love - Carol E. Wyer

Published by: Bookouture (23rd September 2016)

ISBN: 9781786810724

Source: NetGalley

Rating: 4.5*

Synopsis:

Since splitting from her husband, Charlie’s life has been stuck in a rut. Best friend Mercedes will do anything to put a smile back on Charlie’s face and so draws up a bucket list of things to help Charlie recover her mojo.

Sure enough, as Charlie works her way through the list, belly dancing and bungee jumping, she makes new friends and even begins to attract some male attention.

Journalist Jake gives Charlie butterflies but he almost seems too perfect – there must be a reason why he’s single. Perhaps Rob would be a better bet – yes he’s short and he drinks too much - but a girl can’t have everything can she?

The final challenge on Charlie’s list looms large. Can Charlie complete it and prove to herself that life is for living, whatever may have happened in the past? And can Jake get through to Charlie and stop her from settling for the single life or, the wrong man?

Review:

I don't read an awful lot of chick lit, but I know I can rely on the Bookouture authors to provide some much-needed light relief when I need a break from my beloved crime and psychological thrillers. Award-winning writer Carol E. Wyers is a new author to me, but I am familiar with her name, having recently found a copy of Life Swap in a local second hand book shop.

The premise of this novel is fabulous; two best friends agree to work their way through each others' Carpe Diem list, their version of a bucket list, undertaking the challenges. As Charlie works her way through her challenges, each more scary than the last, she gets into all sorts of trouble, often with hilarious results. I laughed so much whilst reading this book, it's got such a feel good factor!

Charlie and best friend Mercedes seem like a couple of women I'd be friends with, and their relationship is so easy to relate to. Other characters simply add to the enjoyment, particularly adorable Bert. My only criticism would be that I worked out very early on what would happen, but I think this is acceptable in the genre, and the only thing that made me give it less than 5*.

Thanks to Bookouture and NetGalley for providing an ARC in return for my honest review.