Review: A Modern Way to Cook by Anna Jones

A Modern Way to Cook: 150+ Vegetarian Recipes for Quick, Flavor-Packed Meals - Anna Jones

Published by Ten Speed Press (30th August 2016)

ISBN: 978-0399578427

Source: NetGalley

Rating: 4*

Description:

From the author of the brilliant "A Modern Way to Eat," who was dubbed "the new Nigella Lawson" by "The Times," comes this beautiful collection of 150+ delicious and inspiring weeknight vegetarian recipes.

EATING HEALTHY ISN T ALWAYS EASY when you re coming home late at night and tired. In this genius new collection of vegetarian recipes, author Anna Jones tackles this common problem, making nourishing vegetable-centered food realistic on any day of the week. The chapters are broken down by time, with recipes that can be prepared in under 15, 20, 30, and 40 minutes, so no matter how busy you are, you can get dinner on the table, whether it be smoky pepper and white bean quesadilla, butternut squash and sweet leek hash, or chickpea pasta with simple tomato sauce. With evocative and encouraging writing, A Modern Way to Cook is a truly practical and inspiring recipe collection for anyone wanting to make meals with tons of flavor and little fuss.

Review:

This is a fantastic book for making quick meals full of yummy plant-based goodness. The recipes are arranged according to how long they take to prepare and cook. It's all so simple, the only way you could go wrong was if you didn't have the ingredients in the first place!

There are beautifully clear photographs to accompany almost every recipe, and suggested alternatives to vary the dishes too. This is being hailed as the best vegetarian book of recent years and claims to contain recipes to tempt even the most die-hard carnivore, and I can see why. There are recipes here that my meat-eating husband would enjoy, and I'm personally looking forward to trying the ones I've not already made.