Review: Juice It to Lose It by Joe Cross

Juice It to Lose It: Lose Weight and Feel Great in Just 5 Days - Joe Cross

Published by: Greenleaf Book group (10th May 2016)

ISBN: 9780990937210

Source: Netgalley

Rating; 5*

Jump-Start Your Life in Just Five Days!

Juice It to Lose It! is the all-new, easy juice diet from TheNew York Times best-selling author and creator of the documentary Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. Joe Cross has done all the hard work already—all you have to do is commit to five short days! In that time, this simple, foolproof plan—complete with recipes—will jump-start a change in your life, health, and waistline.

Our bodies are built to feel and look energized, vibrant, happy, and healthy. But if we eat too many processed foods, we begin to feel and look sluggish. When that happens, our bodies are often slow to reset themselves the way they should. Joe's juice kick-start will help you get back to the way you're supposed to feel by knocking out all the junk that's clogging your system.

The shopping lists, meal plans, and encouragement from Joe in Juice It to Lose It! will make it simple and fun for you to fill up on the nutrient-dense, sunlight-nourished foods that will help restore your body's balance. Whether you're a long-time follower of Joe's juicing diets or looking for a brand new way to turn your health around, Juice It to Lose It! is here to help with a fresh look at juicing. Give it five days, and you will see and feel the power of juicing!

I'll admit, I'm a big fan of juicing - there really is nothing quite like the taste of freshly-extracted vegetable and fruit juice. But I also like to chew my food! Joe Cross's latest book centres on a 5 day weight loss plan and bears more than a passing resemblance to Jason 'Juicemaster' Vale's book, '7lbs in 7 days', in that there is a shopping list full of vast quantities of vegetables and fruit, together with numerous recipes for juices. But that is where the similarity ends.

In this book, there is a choice of juices only on each of the 5 days, or juices + dinner. I like this approach, as to stop eating meals in favour of going straight on to just juice can be a bit of a shock to the system. By juicing during the day and then having a cooked meal in the evening, we can continue to eat with the family and not feel deprived. Each dinner recipe comes with suggested family add-ons such as meat or beans/legumes, complete with nutritional information. There is also a chapter full of other recipes and suggestions for how to stay on track after completing the 5 day plan.

I really like this flexible juicing plan as it could be easily integrated into family life. I'd recommend it to those new to juicing as well as experienced juicers who may like the option of incorporating a meal into their juicing lifestyle.