Review: Clean Soups by Rebecca Katz & Mat Edelsen

Clean Soups: Simple, Nourishing Recipes for Health and Vitality - Mat Edelson, Rebecca Katz

Published by: Ten Speed Press (6th September 2016)

ISBN: 9780399578250

Source: NetGalley

Rating: 4*

Description:

From bestselling author Rebecca Katz comes this collection of 60 recipes for pure, cleansing soups intended to renew and restore.

In Clean Soups, author Rebecca Katz teaches readers how to incorporate wholesome stocks and soups into their everyday eating so they can detox and feel energized year-round. The book includes foundational broths, blended soups, and traditional healing soups, as well as a 2-day cleanse and information that outlines how to incorporate soups into everyday living. Rebecca also lays out the building blocks for creating delicious and balanced soups, guiding readers to create their own concoctions. Rounding out the book are recipes for soup toppers that can be mixed and matched to enhance and change the flavor of every soup in the book.

Review:

I really enjoy a good bowl of soup and much prefer to eat pure, unprocessed food as it makes me feel so much better than how I feel if I eat lots of unhealthy, processed foods loaded with strange sounding artificial ingredients.

The recipes included may appear a little daunting to people who aren't used to cooking from scratch, but if they've already purchased the book I'll assume they have the motivation to actually cook the recipes too. Of course, there are lots of nifty gadgets that make it all a lot simpler too.

I've made a few soups from this book and I've really enjoyed them. I prefer a blended soup, so it was different for me to leave some in a chunky style, but I found them very tasty so I've learned that I like chunky soups too, and found them really filling.

The 2-day cleanse detail is a nice added bonus that seems to fit in well with the clean eating ethos and something other soup books probably wouldn't contain, so could well be this book's USP.

Special thanks to Ten Speed Press and NetGalley for providing an ARC in return for my honest review.