Review: Last to Die by Arlene Hunt

Last to Die: A gripping psychological thriller - Arlene Hunt

Publisher: Bookouture (24th June 2016)

ISBN: 9781910751992

Source: NetGalley

Rating: 4*

Synopsis:

He watches. He waits. He kills ...

When Jessie Conway survives a horrific mass high school shooting, in the aftermath she finds herself thrust into the media spotlight, drawing all kinds of attention. But some of it is the wrong kind.

Caleb Switch, a sadistic serial killer has been watching her every move. A skilled hunter, he likes his victims to be a challenge to him. Jessie is strong, fearless, a survivor, and now…she is his ultimate prey.

As Caleb picks off his current victims one by one, chasing, killing and butchering them with his crossbow, he’s closing in on Jessie... But will Jessie defy the odds and escape with her life? Or will she be Caleb’s final sacrifice …

Review:

This slick crime thriller is fast paced and compelling, reminding me a little of Tess Gerritsen's books featuring the brilliant Rizzoli & Isles. Arlene Hunt has a similar way of drawing the reader in, until your sole focus is the story. I adore this clever writing style, the author offering tidbits of information and throwing out more twists than a pack of noodles, all the while drawing you further in and sneaking the conclusion in, unseen.

I liked everything about about  Last to Die, and I'm looking forward to reading the author's next book. I'd like to thank Bookouture and NetGalley for providing an ARC in return for my honest review.