Blog Tour for See How They Run by Tom Bale

See How They Run: The Gripping Thriller that Everyone is Talking About - Tom Bale

It's my stop on the blog tour for the gripping See How They Run by Tom Bale, and I'm delighted to share my thoughts on this fantastic psychological thriller.

Publisher: Bookouture (6th May 2016)

ASIN: B01D25LZD0

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

In the dead of night, new parents Alice and Harry French are plunged into their worst nightmare when they wake to find masked men in their bedroom. Men ruthless enough to threaten their baby daughter, Evie.

This is no burglary gone wrong.
The intruders know who they’re looking for – a man called Edward Renshaw.
And they are prepared to kill to get to him.

When the men leave empty handed, little do Alice and Harry realise that their nightmare is just beginning. Is it a case of mistaken identity? Who is Renshaw? And what is he hiding?

One thing is clear – they already know too much.

As Alice and Harry are separated in the run for their lives, there is no time to breathe in their fight to be reunited. And with their attackers closing in, there is only one choice:

STAY ALIVE. OR DON’T.

Terrifying, unputdownable and full of twists and turns, this stunning thriller will have you on the edge of your seat right to the very last page.

My review:

From the very first page of See How They Run, the reader is thrown headlong into this compelling psychological thriller. I felt sure the opening scene would turn out to be Harry's dream, or more like his worst nightmare, so it was a bit of shock that this was actually happening!

What follows is a fantastic rollercoaster ride with more twists and turns than the middle of a spaghetti squash! Tom Bale's inventive writing draws you in from the outset and pulls you along at breakneck speed for the white-knuckle ride of your life. The further into this novel you get, the more addictive it becomes. The characters are believable and the plot compulsive.

This book is so terrifying it left me breathless. Each heart-pounding twist seems to bring a heightened level of terror for Harry and Alice, whose every move puts their lives, and that of their baby daughter Evie, in mortal danger. The fact that they are ordinary people who find themselves in an unimaginable situation just adds to the scariness.

People are going to be talking about this book for a long time, and deservedly so.

I'd like to thank Tom Bale, the lovely Kim Nash at Bookouture and Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review See How They Run.

About the Author
Tom Bale has had a variety of jobs including retail assistant, claims negotiator and project manager, but none was as exhausting as the several years he spent as a househusband with two pre-school children. Tom has been writing since the age of seven, and completed his first novel at fifteen. After twenty years and hundreds of rejection slips, his first novel SINS OF THE FATHER was published under his real name, David Harrison. With his next book, SKIN AND BONES, he acquired an agent, a pseudonym and a book deal that enabled him to write full time. He lives in Brighton with his family.

You can connect with Tom Bale on Facebook  Twitter  tombale.net

Be sure to follow the rest of the #SeeHowTheyRun Blog Tour!