The Second Hand Shoe Shop by Mel Sherratt writing as Marcie Steele

The Second Chance Shoe Shop - Marcie Steele

Published by: Bookouture (8th April 2016)

ISBN: 9781786810038

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

All Riley Flynn wants is to meet someone who makes her happy. But attracting the right kind of man is not easy, and with her heart still hurting from her last break-up, Riley believes she’ll never find love again.
A year ago, Sadie Stewart’s whole world was shattered when her husband, Ross, died. She has struggled to keep herself together for the sake of their young daughter, but with the anniversary of his death approaching, Sadie finds herself overwhelmed by grief.
Sadie and Riley work at Chandlers shoe shop, in the charming town of Hedworth. But when Chandlers is threatened with closure, the friends are confronted with the loss of not only their jobs, but also their support network - the glue that holds them together when they are close to breaking.
As they put together a plan to save their beloved shop, Sadie realises that she might just be learning to live again. Could it be that new beginnings are just round the corner? The campaign also finds Riley unexpectedly crossing paths with charming photographer, Ethan. Maybe her second chance at love is right under her feet …

Review:

Mel Sherratt's gripping crime dramas are a favourite of mine, but I'll admit I was more than a little surprised when I discovered she was writing an entirely different kind of read under this pseudonym. Her previous works as Marcie Steele - Stirred With Love and That's What Friends are For - really impressed me with their heartwarming plots and wonderful characters, but, among all the buzz on social media, I'd heard that The Second Hand Shoe Shop was slightly different; it certainly is!

With wonderfully complex, relatable characters amid deeply emotional turmoil, this book is spellbinding. I was hooked from the first page and read the whole book in one sitting, so desperate was I to find out how each character's story ended. Fabulous stuff!

Special thanks to Bookouture and Netgalley for providing an ARC in return for an honest review.