Review: Trust Your Eyes by Linwood Barclay

Trust Your Eyes - Linwood Barclay

Publisher: Orion (27 Sept. 2012)

ISBN-13: 978-1409115021

Source: Real Readers

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

A schizophrenic man spends his days and nights on a website called Whirl360, believing he's employed by the CIA to store the details of every town and city in the world in his head.

Then one day, he sees something that shouldn't be there: a woman being murdered behind a window on a New York street.

Suddenly Thomas has more to deal with than just his delusions, as he gets drawn into a deadly conspiracy.

Review:

I literally couldn't put this book down. I stayed up all night so i could finish it, it had me hooked from the start.
The main characters in the book intertwined in a believable way, and the emotions displayed between the brothers i found true to life. The added element of Thomas' mental health condition was a really interesting addition. The way that Thomas' complete engrossment in Whirl360 was written made me believe everything he said, and in these days of big brother watching our every move, the concept of Whirl360 could become a reality.
The twists and turns in this book leave you enthralled, and i was completely immersed in the story. I think this is the best Linwood Barclay book yet. The story was unusual and although the plot could be seen as quite simple, the amount of detail in Thomas' delusions, and the death of the father combined with witnessing a murder through Whirl360 made the story line fast paced as the two deaths were investigated.
The final twist, only a few lines from the end of the book was a complete surprise, and i found myself wanting to know what had happened to Thomas after the twist had been revealed.