Review: That's What Friends Are For by Marcie Steele

That's What Friends Are For: A feel good novel of best friends and secrets - Marcie Steele, Mel Sherratt

Published by: Bookouture (9th December 2015)

ISBN: 978-1910751626

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

Sam and Louise have been best friends since they hung their coats side by side on the first day of primary school. Now in their thirties, they’re just as close, but life is a little bit more complicated…

On the outside, thirty-something Sam seems to have it all; the gorgeous husband, the beautiful home and the flourishing business. But things are not quite as rosy as they seem. So when handsome stranger, Dan, walks into her life, Sam finds his attentions hard to resist.

Louise might seem like life and soul of the party, but her outgoing exterior hides her sadness about the heartbreak in her past. She just wants someone to love – but all Louise gets left with is a quick fumble with an ex at the end of the night.

When a glamorous face from the past returns to shake things up, things get even more complicated for Sam and Louise. And just when they need each other the most, they’ve reason to wonder whether they ever really knew each other at all.

Review:

This is chick-lit at its fabulous best - uplifting and funny yet emotional and utterly compelling. I read this from cover to cover in one sitting, without realising how much time had passed, I was completely oblivious to anything but this story.

Every time I thought I knew what was going on with each of the characters, another bombshell was dropped! I laughed out loud, I was surprised, I was shocked. All the emotions you'd expect from a great book.

Despite not reading an awful lot of this genre, I seem to be fast becoming a fan - Marcie Steele, you have converted me!