Review: Dane Curse (Black Case Files #1) by Matt Abraham

Dane Curse (Black Cape Case Files Book 1) - Matt Abraham

Self-Published (February 10th 2015)

ISBN: 978-1518796715

Source: review copy provided by author

Rating: 4*

Description:

If you lose a black cape, and can't go to the cops, then you come to me because that's what I do. I've been in the game for years. I know all the curves and all the angles, and if it gets rough then so be it, I got plenty strength, I'm double tough, and I never quit. And if need be I'll pull my artillery to get you some answers, because I don't care about the mistakes you've made or how you chose to live your life, sometimes even the unjust deserve a little justice. At least that's how it was before the world's greatest superhero was mysteriously murdered. Now I got five days to find the killer before a powered civil war consumes my city. But getting to the truth won't be easy. I'll have to face ruthless black capes with secrets to hide, a powerful government agency bent on national expansion, and even teams of mighty white caped heroes whose intentions are less than pure. No easy task for a small time PI, so I'll need every bit of strength and guts if I'm going to find the killer, save my city, and maybe even get some justice for the greatest hero the world has ever known.

Critically acclaimed Dane Curse is a mix of white knuckled action, dark deeds, and dangerous curves sure to satisfy any fan of DC comics and Mickey Spillane. So buy a copy today, and take a high stakes ride through Gold Coast City with the most original PI since Harry Dresden!

Review:

This action-packed tale narrated by private investigator Dane Curse is a rollercoaster ride with white capes (superheroes) and black capes (super villains) at every turn. You're immersed into this fantasy world of 20 million inhabitants from the very first page, but the characters are believable and complex - once you've got used to the idea that they exist! Different characters posess different powers, such as telekinesis, super strength, fire...

I was pleasantly surprised by Dane Curse; it turns out I vastly underestimated this independent author. I can't wait to read the next book in the Black Capes series.

Thanks to Matt Abraham for proving me with a review copy of Dane Curse.