Review: The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katrina Bivald

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend - Katarina Bivald

Published by: Random House UK, Vintage Publishing, Chatto & Windus (June 18th 2015)

ISBN: 9780701189068

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 4*

Synopsis:

Warning: once you let books into your life, the most unexpected things can happen…

Sara is 28 and has never been outside Sweden – except in the (many) books she reads. When her elderly penfriend Amy invites her to come and visit her in Broken Wheel, Iowa, Sara decides it’s time. But when she arrives, there’s a twist waiting for her – Amy has died. Finding herself utterly alone in a dead woman’s house in the middle of nowhere was not the holiday Sara had in mind.

But Sara discovers she is not exactly alone. For here in this town so broken it’s almost beyond repair are all the people she’s come to know through Amy’s letters: poor George, fierce Grace, buttoned-up Caroline and Amy’s guarded nephew Tom.

Sara quickly realises that Broken Wheel is in desperate need of some adventure, a dose of self-help and perhaps a little romance, too. In short, this is a town in need of a bookshop.

Review:

I thoroughly enjoyed this heartwarming tale, for all its ups and downs, happy and sad. There are lots of eccentric and intriguing characters to meet, and the premise should appeal to all kinds of readers.

Although somewhat predictable, Sara's story held my interest throughout and the ending was perfect.

I'd like to thank the publisher for providing me with a copy, via Netgalley, in return for an honest review.