Review: The Girl With No Past by Kathryn Croft

The Girl With No Past  - Kathryn Croft

Published by: Bookouture (15th October 2015)

ISBN: 978-1910751244

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 4.5*

Synopsis:

Twenty years running from your past. Today it catches up.

Leah Mills lives a life of a fugitive – kept on the run by one terrible day from her past. It is a lonely life, without a social life or friends until – longing for a connection – she meets Julian. For the first time she dares to believe she can live a normal life.

Then, on the twentieth anniversary of that day, she receives a card. Someone knows the truth about what happened. Someone who won’t stop until they’ve destroyed the life Leah has created.

But is Leah all she seems? Or does she deserve everything she gets?

Everyone has secrets. But some are deadly.

Review:

The Girl With No Past is a gripping psychological thriller that has lots of twists and turns that kept me guessing. The story alternates between the present and the past as we find out exactly what Leah did all those years ago that was so wrong.

I couldn't decide whether I liked Leah; I felt some sympathy for her as a teenager, being so infatuated with Adam, but I don't think I could see any of that girl in her present - no doubt that part of her left in that day in the past.

This is another fantastic book from publisher Bookouture that'll keep you guessing and keep you reading into the small hours.