Review: Lost Girls (DI Kim Stone #3) by Angela Marsons

Lost Girls: A fast paced, gripping thriller novel (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 3) - Angela Marsons

Publisher: Bookouture (November 6, 2015)

ISBN-13: 978-1910751411

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

When nine-year-old best friends Charlie and Amy disappear, two families are plunged into a living nightmare. A text message confirms the unthinkable; that the girls are the victims of a terrifying kidnapping.

And when a second text message pits the two families against each other for the life of their children, the clock starts ticking for D.I. Kim Stone and the squad.

Seemingly outwitted at every turn, as they uncover a trail of bodies, Stone realises that these ruthless killers might be the most deadly she has ever faced. And that their chances of bringing the girls home alive, are getting smaller by the hour…

Untangling a dark web of secrets from the families’ past might hold the key to solving this case. But can Kim stay alive long enough to do so? Or will someone’s child pay the ultimate price?

Review:

I could hardly wait to start reading Lost Girls after devouring the first two DI Kim Stone novels, but have sometimes been disappointed in the past with books that run in a series and feature the same main character, in crime and other genres.

I really did not think that Angela could top Silent Scream and Evil Games, but Lost Girls really ups the ante with it's terrifying premise. I felt like I was on an emotional rollercoaster, along with the parents of missing children. It was a non-stop ride of terror that didn't let up until the very end. As I finished the last page, I felt like I needed a soothing cuppa, followed by a very long lie down, but not in a darkened room *shudder*!

Thanks to Kim at Bookouture for the opportunity to read and review this fantastic book.