Review: Stirred With love by Marcie Steele

Stirred With Love - Marcie Steele

Published by: Bookouture (3rd September 2015)

ISBN: 9781910751381

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

Sometimes the best friends can be found where you least expect them …

Still grieving after the loss of her beloved husband, Lily Mortimer is determined to do something with the time she has left.

After the end of her fairytale marriage, thirty-something Kate is trying hard to mend her broken heart.

Chloe, a young woman with the world at her feet, is struggling to know what to do with her life.

When Lily embarks on a new venture in the picturesque town of Somerley, the three women come together to open The Coffee Stop, the most charming café for miles around.

But opening a coffee shop is never as simple as it seems, especially when you add neighbouring competition, local heart throbs and heartbreak to the mix.

When tragedy strikes, can the three women pull together to make the new business fly, or will Lily’s last chance disappear down the drain along with yesterday’s coffee grinds?

Review:

Although chick lit isn't a genre I tend to read very often, I'd seen Stirred With Love mentioned a fair bit on social media so decided to see what all the fuss was about.

Lily, Chloe and Kate, the three central characters, are great. They are warm, believable and utterly human. I could easily picture the characters in my head and the descriptive use of prose enabled me to experience emotion alongside them.

This book is very well written, and it's obvious that Marcie Steele is a talented and accomplished author. Stirred With Love was a pleasure to read and I'm looking forward to reading more by this author.