Review: Ultraxenopia (Project W.A.R #1) by M.A. Phipps

Ultraxenopia (Project W. A. R.) (Volume 1) - M. A. Phipps

Publication Date: 3rd April 2015

ISBN: 978-0993217708

Source:  review copy provided by author

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

Ultraxenopia is a New Adult Dystopia following twenty-one year old protagonist Wynter Reeves as she struggles between conforming to the oppressive society she's always known or risking everything to join an uprising rebellion-all the while suffering from a rare and debilitating condition which allows her to see the future.

My review:

I thought I knew what I was getting with this book, but out turns out I vastly underestimated M.A. Phipps; Ultraxenopia is just extraordinary. This new adult dystopian story captured my imagination from the outset and I couldn't get enough of Wynter Reeves and her harrowing story. I'm so glad I decided to read it; I simply couldn't put it down!

Phipps' fantastic talent for storytelling combined with her painstaking attention to detail really bring Ultraxenopia to life . The dystopian world the characters inhabit is a suspenseful and scary place where it is difficult to know who to trust. The author's wonderful use of descriptive prose ensured that I got to experience the sights and sounds of life alongside Wynter and the other characters.

This novel held my interest throughout and now I've finished reading it, I can't wait for the sequel. Fans of the Divergent and Hunger Games series need to read Ultraxenopia; it's got to be the next huge series. I for one can't wait to see what the future holds for Wynter.