Review: The Girl Who Wouldn't Die by Marnie Riches

The Girl Who Wouldn't Die - Marnie Riches

Published by: Maze (2nd April 2015)

• ASIN: B00U1K18VY

Source: NetGalley

Rating: 3*

Synopsis:

HE’S WATCHING HER. SHE DOESN’T KNOW IT…YET

When a bomb explodes at the University of Amsterdam, aspiring criminologist Georgina McKenzie is asked by the police to help flush out the killer.

But the bomb is part of a much bigger, more sinister plot that will have the entire city quaking in fear.

And the killer has a very special part for George to play…

A thrilling race against time with a heroine you’ll be rooting for, this book will keep you up all night!

My Review:

I was really looking forward to reading The Girl Who Wouldn't Die as the synopsis sounded great and I'd been hearing good things about it.

The first few chapters really drew me in and I started to warm to George. Then I put the book down and picked it up again the following day. I found it really difficult to get back into; something that's not usually an issue. I had to read back several pages to find out what was going on. I found that, rather than drawing me in, it was having the opposite effect and it seemed confusing and all over the place.

I persevered to the end of the book, even though the continual changing of perspective didn't help my enjoyment. It's a shame I didn't enjoy this book more butno doubt I'll pick it up again at some point.

*Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.