Hunted (Nirvana #2) by Kristy Feltenberger Gillespie

Hunted (Nirvana Series Book 2) - Kristy Feltenberger Gillespie

Self-published (26th February 2015)

ISBN: 978-1508652687

Source: Author

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

Jade and her fraternal twin sister, Peaches, escaped the Nirvana commune weeks before their seventeenth birthday and the required eye-color surgery. Now they must assimilate to the Outside and all its foreign customs. Just as the girls are settling in, they discover that life Outside, too, is riddled with danger. They’re not even sure they can trust the authorities. Clearly the Outside isn’t what they’d hoped for. Even after they’ve found people they love and trust, the twins must decide: remain on the Outside, or return to the secretive Nirvana commune. If they do return to Nirvana, will they be able to convince their father that Nirvana’s rules must be changed?

My Review:

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Jade and the other characters in the first in the Nirvana series, and Hunted is a great second book. We catch up with Jade and her twin sister Peaches. The girls do a lot of growing up and I particularly like them showing such emotional maturity as they explore the Outside.

This is a real page-turner that's intelligently written and full of complex characters. The unusual premise is fascinating and I love all the sub-plots that add so much depth. There are happy times and harsh realities as the sisters come up against puzzling new experiences that are taken for granted on the Outside.

I like that the girls take it in turns to narrate the chapters; it is great to get to know then a little better and to see things from their perspective as they get tho know each other and explore different places.

A worthy follow up to book one; I'm really looking forward to reading book three, Blinded.

* Thanks to author Kristy Feltenberger Gillespie for providing me with a digital copy of Hunted in exchange for my honest review*