Review: Under My Skin by Zoe Markham

ASIN: B00TOR142I

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

Inside we are all monsters…

Chloe was once a normal girl. Until the night of the car crash that nearly claimed her life. Now Chloe’s mother is dead, her father is a shell of the man he used to be and the secrets that had so carefully kept their family together are falling apart.

A new start is all Chloe and her father can hope for, but when you think you’re no longer human how can you ever start pretending?

My Review:

Oh my goodness, what a book! It is just past 4 in the morning as I sit down to write this, having just reached the brilliantly crafted conclusion. This novel is special, breathtaking and utterly compulsive.

Chloe is a character unlike any other. Yes, she's a teenager - no shortage of those in your typical YA; Yes, she has mood swings and is stroppy; Yes, she doesn't get on with her father. But Chloe is no ordinary teenager. She is, however, a fantastically complex character who I fell for in a big way. She is a fighter and a believer (not a belieber, thank goodness!) in humanity.

This book hooked me from the outset, before flinging me along on Chloe's journey to finding herself. It was emotional - touching, raw and unthinkable.

Fans of YA fiction will adore this, whether they are the target audience or adults. It's YA fiction with an edge.

I'll be keeping a close eye on Zoe Markham - she's one to watch!

**I received a copy of Under My Skin from the publisher, via Netgalley**