Genesis (Kingdom Come #1) by Wade Garret - DNF

Genesis: Book One of The Kingdom Come Series - Wade Garret

Synopsis:

Jak Hartlen, 19, the son of William and Mary, will face many thresholds of flesh and mind on his road to reaping the Whirl Wind; seeds of grief and guilt only now coming to fruition. If only they'd know what they were doing... The Gan and their Areht who shape the world behind the scenes will hate him, because he's a threat they're not sure can be chained. The Pillars and their Faithful who spread the world's leading religion will fear him, because his existence, once known, will challenge Ages of dogma and accepted history. The Crimson King and its Servants who seek to return to power, destroying all that remains of The White, will hunt him, because even in death, they're not sure he'll ever bow to the Dark. --They All Should. For as One of Five with the power to shake the world, they will hollow his heart and mind through countless sacrifice and vengeful selfishness.

My thoughts:

When I was asked to review this book by the author, I accepted as it really sounded like my kind of book and the synopsis appeared promising.

From the very beginning, lots of different petiole and places you aren't familiar with are mentioned, which I found really confusing. I knew that all would probably become clear eventually, so I tried to keep track and persevered.

I've read lots of books where each chapter is told from a different person's perspective and quite enjoy that, but, in Genesis this happens every paragraph. I was completely lost after a few chapters in so decided to leave it there.

I think this is the kind of book that you need to read when you have lots of time to devote to it exclusively. Think log cabin, solitude and snow. There are several 5 star reviews on Amazon for this book, so people obviously enjoyed it. It just wasn't for me.