Blog Tour for Renegade (Silver Blackthorn #2) by Kerry Wilkinson plus GIVEAWAY! (UK only)

Today, it's my turn to host on the blog tour for Renegade, the fantastic second book in Kerry Wilkinson's Silver Blackthorn series.

Renegade was published on 7th May 2015 by Pan Macmillan.

Silver Blackthorn is a fugitive.

Silver Blackthorn has committed treason.

She is dangerous.

Do NOT approach her.

A large reward is on offer. Report any sightings to your nearest Kingsman.

Long live the King.

Silver Blackthorn is on the run.

She fled Windsor Castle with eleven other teenagers, taking with her something far more valuable than even she realises: knowledge.

With the entire country searching for the missing Offerings, Silver must keep them all from the vicious clutches of King Victor and the Minister Prime. Until now, no one has escaped the king and lived to tell the tale. Or have they?

With expectations weighing heavily on the girl with the silver streak in her hair, will she ever find her way home?

Following the breath-taking Reckoning, Renegade continues the excitement of the Silver Blackthorn Trilogy by bestselling author Kerry Wilkinson.

As it's also the last day of the tour, I'll be giving away a brand new paperback copy of Renegade, generously provided by the fab team at Pan Macmillan. I'll also add my own preloved copy of Reckoning, the first book in the series, making this a double giveaway!

To enter, simply leave a comment below telling me who your favourite female character is and why you love them! They can be from a book, movie or tv series. I'll pick the winner at 8pm on 20th May, based on which name my dogs react to the most - here are your judges, Tilly & Alfie.....

Here is my review of Renegade -

I thoroughly enjoyed Reckoning, so I was really looking forward to catching up with Silver Blackthorn in Renegade.

Renegade is fast paced and well written. It picks up right where Reckoning left off, with Silver, and the 11 other 'offerings' that follow her, on the run.

The discovery that someone else has escaped the castle and lived to tell the tale leads the offerings on a treacherous journey to meet them. Travelling by night and seeking shelter where they can, they're determined to evade capture by the Kingsmen and a return to Windsor Castle to face the violence of the King and the Minister Prime.

This novel provides some background on Silver, Imrie, Faith, Jela and the others, but I would recommend reading Reckoning first to avoid missing some of the subtleties of each character's story.

I enjoyed seeing each character really develop, particularly Faith. She shows great strength of character as the person Silver trusts most of all. Trust and honesty are vital and can mean the difference between life and death. Silver is unaware that she has become the Most Wanted person in England, the King offering tempting rewards to whoever captures her, dead or alive. Tempting indeed...

There are several shocking moments, near misses and a tense love triangle that adds another dimension to this story. I can't wait to read the final book in the Silver Blackthorn trilogy when Resurgence is published in May 2016. A whole year to wait. Noooooo!

**review copy kindly provided by the publisher, in return for an honest review**

About the author -

His debut, LOCKED IN, the first in the detective Jessica Daniel series, is a UK no.1 Kindle bestseller, with the first three Jessica Daniel books making him Amazon UK's top-selling author for the final quarter of 2011.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN outsold Dan Brown to become Amazon UK's no.1 Kindle pre-order. Kerry is the first formerly self-published British author to have an ebook no.1 and reach the top 20 of the UK paperback chart.

Since then, the Jessica Daniel series has continued with PLAYING WITH FIRE, THICKER THAN WATER, BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, CROSSING THE LINE and SCARRED FOR LIFE.

A spin-off from PLAYING WITH FIRE - the Andrew Hunter series - started with SOMETHING WICKED in 2014. The follow-up, SOMETHING HIDDEN, will be released in 2016.

A standalone crime novel, DOWN AMONG THE DEAD MEN, set in the same world as Jessica and Andrew, will be released in October 2015.

Pan Macmillan - Griffin in the US - are also publishing Kerry's young adult/fantasy/adventure series - the Silver Blackthorn trilogy. The first book, RECKONING, was released in 2014, RENEGADE followed in 2015 and RESURGENCE in 2016.

He is an occasional sports journalist and can frequently be spotted cycling the hills of Lancashire. He was born in Somerset but now lives in the north west.

Confirmed upcoming UK releases:
Something Wicked (Andrew Hunter 1): 16 July 2015 (paperback)
Down Among The Dead Men (standalone crime): 22 October 2015 (hardback & ebook)
For Richer, For Poorer (Jessica Daniel): Jan/Feb 2016
Resurgence (Silver Blackthorn 3): May 2016
Something Hidden (Andrew Hunter 2): 2016

Find out more at: http://kerrywilkinson.com, http://facebook.com/JessicaDanielBooks and http://facebook.com/SilverBlackthorn

*Information from Amazon.co.uk

Source: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Renegade-Silver-Blackthorn-Trilogy-Book-ebook/dp/B00Q4TH2GG/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1431259855&sr=1-1&keywords=renegade+kerry+wilkinson