Review: Follow the Leader (DS Allie Shenton) by Mel Sherratt

ISBN: 978-1477821855

Source: Publisher provided review copy via NetGalley

Rating: 4.5/5

Synopsis:

A man’s body is found on a canal towpath. In his pocket, a magnetic letter in the shape of an E.

Days later, a second victim is found, this time with the letter V tucked into her clothing.

As the body count rises, the eerie, childlike clues point to a pattern that sends DS Allie Shenton and her colleagues into full alert.

The race is on. Allie and the team must work quickly to determine where the killer will strike next. The rules are simple but deadly—to catch the killer, they must follow the leader.

From the acclaimed author of Taunting the Dead comes a flesh-creeping tale of a child's game with a terrifying, grown-up twist. This is the second book in the DS Allie Shenton series but can be enjoyed as a stand-alone story.

Review:

Although this is the second DS Allie Shenton novel, it's my first experience of reading Mel Sherratt. As crime is my favourite genre, it always makes me happy when I first read an author whose work I end up loving; that's what reading is all about!

Sherratt's writing is slick, DS Shenton is likeable and believable, the plot is entertaining. I'll definitely be reading more of Sherratt's novels.