Review: Silent Scream (Detective Kim Stone #1) by Angela Marsons

Silent Scream: An edge of your seat serial killer thriller (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 1) - Angela Marsons

Publication Date: 20th February 2015

Publisher: Bookouture

ISBN: 978-1909490925

Rating: 4.5/5

Synopsis:

Even the darkest secrets can't stay buried forever... Five figures gather round a shallow grave. They had all taken turns to dig. An adult-sized hole would have taken longer. An innocent life had been taken but the pact had been made. Their secrets would be buried, bound in blood ...

Years later, a headmistress is found brutally strangled, the first in a spate of gruesome murders which shock the Black Country. But when human remains are discovered at a former children's home, disturbing secrets are also unearthed. D.I. Kim Stone fast realises she's on the hunt for a twisted individual whose killing spree spans decades. As the body count rises, Kim needs to stop the murderer before they strike again. But to catch the killer, can Kim confront the demons of her own past before it's too late?

Review:

I'd seen a few tweets from other book blogger praising Silent Scream, so I purchased a copy to see what all the fuss was about!

Crime thrillers are one of my favourite reads, so I'm always excited to discover a new author of this genre.

Silent Scream is masterfully composed, drawing you increasingly further in with the turn of every page. Shocking and gripping, Marsons has written a cracker of a crime novel that exposes the frailty of human life and the calculating coldness of the killer.

I'm so looking forward to reading Evil Games, the second book to feature DI Kim Stone, when it is published in May 2015.

About the Author:

Angela Marsons
Angela Marsons lives in the Black Country with her partner, their bouncy Labrador and a swearing parrot.

She first discovered her love of writing at Junior School when actual lessons came second to watching other people and quietly making up her own stories about them. Her report card invariably read "Angela would do well if she minded her own business as well as she minds other people's".

After years of writing relationship based stories (My Name Is and The Middle Child) Angela turned to Crime, fictionally speaking of course, and developed a character that refused to go away.

In September 2013 she was signed to Bookouture.com in a 4 book deal starting the DI Kim Stone series in SILENT SCREAM to be published 20th February 2015.