Review: Me Before You by JoJo Moyes

Publisher: Penguin

ISBN: 978-0718157838

Rating: 5/5

Synopsis:

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.

Review:

Wow! I'm not quite sure where to begin. This is a book unlike any other I've read. JoJo Moyes has a way of drawing you in completely. I read this in less than 24 hours as I just couldn't put it down. It is utterly compelling.

Lou and Will are characters that will stay with me. They made me laugh, they made me cry. I can't begin to list the multitude of emotions I felt whilst reading this brilliant book. The story had me hooked from the very first chapter, leaving me no choice but to follow Lou and Will on their emotional rollercoaster before being flung out at the end of the ride like a soggy tissue.

This is a book I would not have read without recommendation as I'm not usually a fan of this genre.

Whatever kind of books you usually read, get yourself a copy of Me Before You. You won't be disappointed.