Review: The Murder Bag by Tony Parsons

ISBN: 9781448185726

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 3.5/5

Synopsis:

Twenty years ago seven rich, privileged students became friends at their exclusive private school, Potter’s Field. Now they have started dying in the most violent way imaginable.

Detective Max Wolfe has recently arrived in the Homicide division of London’s West End Central, 27 Savile Row.

Soon he is following the bloody trail from the backstreets and bright lights of the city, to the darkest corners of the internet and all the way to the corridors of power.

As the bodies pile up, Max finds the killer’s reach getting closer to everything - and everyone - he loves.

Soon he is fighting not only for justice, but for his own life....

Review:

Max is a really interesting character. Single father to young Scout, he hopes the recent move will be beneficial to their little family.

His first case as a homicide detective is complex - an unusual and precise MO with a rare weapon - and sees him interacting with numerous colleagues.

Max is likeable, a strong male character with a real vulnerability in his young daughter. He was complex enough to hold my interest, and I really enjoyed the switching between his work and home lives. This gave the character great layers and made him believable.

I found the case interesting, but I didn't find it engrossing enough to warrant a higher rating. I'm interested enough to read the next Max Wolfe, but not excited enough to pre-order. I'm hoping it'll be better than The Murder Bag.